Daily Action: March 2, 2011
It’s Fund Texas’ Future Day!
Let’s join TXPTA and make sure our “house is in order”. Email your state representative today — talking points below. Find your rep here: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/
Please personalize your message, but here are some important points to include in your email to your state representative:
- Texas PTA’s legislative position is that funding public education is a priority.
- Regardless of what your campaign p…romises might have been, there are nearly five million reasons for you to look at all sources of funding to protect public education.
- Cutting funding to public education is not acceptable.
- The Rainy Day Fund and all revenue sources should be considered to fund Texas’s future.
- Texas children are our future.
- Texas businesses cannot thrive without an educated workforce. The economic viability of our state is directly related to the education of our children.